Living with autonomic dysfunction is pretty much like living in a fantasy universe for me. I drink magic potions, I see stars and auras.I keep wondering if I am a 👾.or maybe a 👼. Let’s go with that. I like that better.
Life seems to go in slow motion on flare days.
My daily schedule:
- Get up. Wonder why I did that. ❓
- Lie in bed for a bit, listening to some 🎶 or watching a movie.
- Take out my clothes. 👕
- Climb back into bed, vaguely noticing that everything has gone all blurry and shaky.its kind of like living g in a roller coaster. For hours at a time.😵
- And then I wonder why I’m nastoaus.😱
- Get up s l o w l y. Get into clothes while trying not a fall down. 😜
- Tick tock.tick tock. Try not to see the ⏰ while i watch.
- Start getting ready. Same pace as clothes.
- Stars.Aura. darkness. I am now entering alternative unviserses.👽
- Get my magic potion ready (salt packets in a gallon of water. Its makeup💄 is the same as D5W.)
- Go to school. 🏣
- cold. hot flashes. cold flashes. hot agian.
- Pretend to understand &listen while the world blurs and twists and turns. Sip my magic potion.♨
- Eat chips, salty veggies, and in general enough salt to support the industry. Singlehandedly. Try to set a world record for water consumption for day.🚰
- Go home. Watch more movies &music.try not to fall asleep.😴
- Sleep. Home tommrow will be better.not that it usually is. But hey there’s always hope.;-)
Wait…wait…wait…so what is autonomic dysfunction?
Its tough living with this undiagnosed illness that baffles my doctors and wrecks havoc on my life. It plays off and exasperates my other illnesses. But I know that as long as I can make jokes about it, I will be OK. Because my illness has stolen so much from me, but it can never take my ☺.
this post is a part of a series designed to spread awarness about chronic disorders. if you would like to share your story, hop over here .
this is a response to the writing prompt “eerie“