The challenge for day five…
Do at least one thing to take care of yourself today.
Why is self care so important?
we naturally seem to think that we take off to care for ourselves,we are being selfish. But the truth is that self care is very crucial~for us and everyone around us.
When we take care of ourselves,we feel calmer and more relaxed. Everyone wants to be around happy people.its hard to be happy when you are not paying any attention to yourself.
When you have a chronic illness, the need to take care of yourself is amplified. You need to listen to your body, know what its saying. When you learn to take care of your needs,you will become aware of what your body is saying.
Why are you not feeling well? Are you tired? How long has it been since you last ate? Do you need to try medication?
Remember,you are important. You can only take care of others if you care for yourself. The most loving,nurturing people are the ones who know when its “me”time. Otherwise, they are really just resentful pushover.
10 ways to take care of yourself:
- Listen to your body. What’s it telling you right now?
- Take a warm bath with Epsom salt. It does wonders for muscle pain, and calms you down. It feels awesome, and most people with allergies can tolerate(do not use if you have diabetes)
- Buy/make your favorite treat~I sometimes “reward”myself after a hard day. Nothing like ice cream to make your problems disappear!(gluten,dairy, soy, etc. Free banana ice cream)
- Call up a friend~or social media,or text
- Say “good job” to yourself
- Do some gentle exercise
- Figure out how much you need to drink and drink that every day~although the popular myth is that you need to drink 8 oz a day, the truth is it depends on your height weight,and done medical conditions mean you need to drink more. For rxample, I have low BP, do i need to drink every hour. I use the water time pro app
- Do something you love
- Rest when you feel you need to
- Tell yourself aloud : I am good enough. I am strong enough. I am enough. I am more then enough. I am awesome. Because you really are.
Just remember that whenever you feel bad about yourself.
To find out more ways to take care of yourself and why this is so important,you can click here.
Wait, you’re telling me that you are not yet a part of the chronic illness challenge?
Well then it’s time to join! Sign up today to get a challenge every day for the next 25 days to help you feel better and happier every day!
Its quick, its easy and fun! sign up today! I can’t wait for you to join!
Like or comment if you took the challenge.